Friday, March 10, 2017

Equal Rights Center (Non-Profit)..... "Betrayal, deception and unfair practices" against disabled person"

I went to the Equal Rights Center as a disabled person to get help with discrimination case regarding my housing where I live AvalonBay Communities and gave the organization all documents and informationLater I discovered that Equal Rights Center had a conflict of interest and a working relationship with AvalonBay Communities who had been sued by Department of Justice in the past for ADA discriminatory practices. Later, I was abandoned by ERC by deception, betrayal and ignored my complaint after I gave ERC all the informationLater, I discovered ERC had partnered with this housing apartment complex without sharing that information with me, a conflict of interest 


I didn’t' deserve to be treated this way by an organization who claims to be about fairness, equal rights and compassionate on the behalf of the vulnerable community. I mean I communicated with the employees and they told me that they would assist me.  I attend their annual event, I brought donor to their event who gave a donation in December of 2015. 

Due to my chronic illness and breathing issues, the electricity continued to be out the where I live following the year. As a disabled person, I had to sleep in cars, hospitals, and restaurants just to have air. I had to get my doctors to write the President, Mr. Norton of AvalonBay Communities for reasonable accommodations because the electric I paid for didn't work because of the complex mechanical issues. I  suffered two years of this electrical problems, they keep vulnerable tenants security deposit interest and told ERC about this issue the first year, however, I was abandoned by your ERCThen, I had to wait for another year for handicapped parking. 

In December 2016, ERC decided to give AvalonBay Communities a reward for being a great landlord! I am writing you why your organization fighting Donald Trump for discrimination practices when your organization allowed and refused to assist a disabled woman. I want to share my experience with the public to demonstrate how hypercritical American civil rights agency that doesn't practice discrimination and fairness.  ERC is unethical and conducts deceptive practices which the innocent vulnerable disabled people should be aware not to repeat any suffering any betrayal from the Equal Rights Center.

I find it interesting that they are advocating or speaking against the new HUD Secretary Carson after all the deception this organization has contributed against the disabled community, "hypocrites". I want to warn my fellow disabled community and vulnerable residents to beware and I give you fair warning about this organization. We need to speak out against injustice and false representation from civil rights organizations who use us for funding purposes and not investing in equal and/or fair rights purposes.


No comments:

Post a Comment